• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign Pro VS Signlab 9.1

player

I know Flexi has a very low grade screen resolution...

I would think that Signlab would be more like the quality of Corel?

I think I should also compare Signlab VS Corel + Cocut...

Techman

cocut is part of some big German print and cut company Eurosystems. They have always had an extensive reach in Europe with their control products for cnc, printing, and cut and laser and 3D printing and who knows what all they do.

They sold a very good RIP called pjannto RIP that I used for a long time. Times have changed of course Pjannto RIP has morphed into something with another name EuroVPM.

Also I would speculate they sell their RIP engine to anyone. I cannot speak for Signlab because I have not looked at it in years. If it looks like Signlab print manager and the German RIP look alike then maybe they are the same.

However, I am taking a serious look at Signlab. I will be needing a printer eventually and a updated software may come in very handy. This look like a very low cost way to get updated.

player

Cadlink is or was Signlab. The Cocut print engine is connected there somehow...

I am thinking about it as well but...

I have a Roland, and Corel and or Illustrator + the free Roland rip Versaworks covers the bases.

player

CadLink is Canadian, and I don't believe they're associated with CoCut.
JB

Well I did some further digging and found that the Euro VMP programs were developed by Cadlink, which develops Signlab.

I Googled EuroVPM and found this page, that states the developer was Cadlink.
http://eurovpm-demo.software.informer.com/

I search programs that Cadlink developed, and find this page, with many programs developed by Cadlink.
http://cadlink-technology-corporations.software.informer.com/pages/2/\

Including some versions of Euro VPM...

So is it coincidence that Signlab and Cocut are making a low price play for the market and their print and cut engines are developed by Cadlink?

This is from Cadlink's website:

Corporate Overview

CADlink Technology Corporation has been developing design and production software for over 20 years. With a worldwide distribution network, CADlink software is available in over 50 countries, in 14 languages through more than 200 value-add resellers.

CADlink develops 5 brands of software; SignLab, EngraveLab, Digital Factory, FilmMaker and ProfileLab into the following markets; Sign making, engraving, wide format digital printing, garment decoration, personalization and customization, screen printing, vehicle graphics, CNC machining and many other niche markets that require design and production technology that includes an interface with a variety of production devices.

CADlink also provides a great deal of custom development services, producing third-party branded software for turn-key solutions offered by manufacturers and total solution providers. These solutions support both local workflow as well as complete, start to finish online, internet-based workflow requirements.

So I would assume they were hired to develop the print and cut software for EuroVPM...

If I remember correctly Cadlink was a group of Corel programmers that started the company after quitting or getting laid off...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Well I did some further digging and found that the Euro VMP programs were developed by Cadlink, which develops Signlab.

I Googled EuroVPM and found this page, that states the developer was Cadlink.
http://eurovpm-demo.software.informer.com/

I search programs that Cadlink developed, and find this page, with many programs developed by Cadlink.
http://cadlink-technology-corporations.software.informer.com/pages/2/\

Including some versions of Euro VPM...

So is it coincidence that Signlab and Cocut are making a low price play for the market and their print and cut engines are developed by Cadlink?

This is from Cadlink's website:

[h=1]Corporate Overview[/h] CADlink Technology Corporation has been developing design and production software for over 20 years. With a worldwide distribution network, CADlink software is available in over 50 countries, in 14 languages through more than 200 value-add resellers.

CADlink develops 5 brands of software; SignLab, EngraveLab, Digital Factory, FilmMaker and ProfileLab into the following markets; Sign making, engraving, wide format digital printing, garment decoration, personalization and customization, screen printing, vehicle graphics, CNC machining and many other niche markets that require design and production technology that includes an interface with a variety of production devices.

CADlink also provides a great deal of custom development services, producing third-party branded software for turn-key solutions offered by manufacturers and total solution providers. These solutions support both local workflow as well as complete, start to finish online, internet-based workflow requirements.

So I would assume they were hired to develop the print and cut software for EuroVPM...

I knew they were into a lot of stuff...thanks for the research. We've been using SignLab for seven years now. I started with a used copy of 5, then upgraded to 7.1 and then to 8. With the special deal now going on, I'm looking at a copy of 9.1 to get my daughter and son-in-law's business up and running.

JB