• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi sign question

149motorsports

In a aurora graphics package I have there is a bolt I need to use. I imported it in to flexi. It has a black box behind it and it is a Tiff file. is there any way in flexi I can get rid of that black box and get the bolt out clean?
Thanks

brycesteiner

Did you try using the transparent background feature? It seems to work pretty well because you can choose the color and how aggressive it is. I don't have it in front of me but I think it's in the same menu as outline and contour cut.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Another option is to open it in Photoshop and save it as a native Photoshop psd file instead. Flexi properly recognizes transparency and layers in native psd files better than it does with tifs.

DirtyD

In Flexi Cloud when doing layered tiffs.. Follow these steps

OPEN THE TIFF.. DO NOT IMPORT
SELECT TIFF FOR BADWRAP FOR READABLE FILES
OPEN YOUR TIFF
WHEN ASKED IF SINGLE LAYER SELECT NO
ALL LAYERS AND TRANSPARENCIES WILL BE THERE

LittleSnakey

Or you can open it in photoshop and save it as a pdf file, import that into flexi and add the contour cut to it, separate the contour cut, release the coutour cut then use that shap to mask it.

Or you can just draw a circle the same size as the the screw if its the round or polygon tool if its not. then use that to mask it.

In Flexi Cloud when doing layered tiffs.. Follow these steps

OPEN THE TIFF.. DO NOT IMPORT
SELECT TIFF FOR BADWRAP FOR READABLE FILES
OPEN YOUR TIFF
WHEN ASKED IF SINGLE LAYER SELECT NO
ALL LAYERS AND TRANSPARENCIES WILL BE THERE

149motorsports

[SUB]Thanks for the help all, i'll give it a shot tonight. All I have is Flexi sign cloud, so trying to learn some new stuff.[/SUB]

LittleSnakey

Sorry I ment psd file not pdf
Or you can open it in photoshop and save it as a pdf file, import that into flexi and add the contour cut to it, separate the contour cut, release the coutour cut then use that shap to mask it.

Or you can just draw a circle the same size as the the screw if its the round or polygon tool if its not. then use that to mask it.