• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Software

eladgraphics

Hello
Since Flexi is a rip software, I am wondering if somebody has used it to do color separation or simulated process for screen printing. if so what are the steps and which version did you use. I have flexi 12
thank you

Joe House

I think the practical difficulties are getting a dense enough print, but you can do it. Load the job into production manager. Open up the job properties and on the color management tab, set up the screen settings that you need (I'm not a screen printer, nor do I play one on TV - so these settings are just defaults from Flexi). This is from Flexi21 - your mileage may vary since your using an older version. I'm pretty sure the separations option is in your version and pretty sure the preview tab isn't.
1649455021614.png

Then go to the Separations Tab and click on print as separations. The preview shows in color, but the print will be black ink only, unless you also check the box to print separations as color.
1649455065715.png

Finally, you can go to the Output Channel Preview tab and see what each screen will look like:
1649455234415.png

Good Luck