• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Starter

MARSERdesigns

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this program to cut a double layer! I'm trying to do a FOR SALE sign and I type it out, and do a contour cut, but nothing happens! Can some one give me a quick pointer as to what im doing wrong. Thanks

MARSERdesigns

Im just cutting...

Basicly I want to have a chrome background and black font. do I need a separate program, or will Flexi Starter work?

cgsigns_jamie

Sounds like you want to add a shadow. I don't know if Flexi Starter has that feature. It would be under the effects menu if it was available.

The contour cut tool is usually used to a cut path to printed graphics.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Take your item, under effects, select shadow or outline, apply and adjust size of effect.
Select cut. Cut whatever color comes up under production manager. Now you have a 2 color overlay.

MARSERdesigns

I want it to look similar to these. (this is my back window)
SPONSOR_WINDOW.jpg

MARSERdesigns

Im getting frustrated with this contour cut option....!

I click on contour cut and it shows up, and I select within, and move the contour cut away from the text...and the contour will not show up, only the text!!!

What am I doing wrong?

cgsigns_jamie

Don't use the Contour Cut option, that is for cutting printed graphics only.

You need to use the outline or the shadow feature both are under the effects menu.

RebeckaR

The real question is... does Flexi Starter have those features?
You may be wanting your program to do something it can't do.

If that is the case, you'll need a program such as Coreldraw, Illustrator or Inkscape (which is free) to build your layout, then import to Flexi and cut.

MARSERdesigns

If that is the case, you'll need a program such as Coreldraw, Illustrator or Inkscape (which is free) to build your layout, then import to Flexi and cut.

Nope, i guess Starter doesn't have the options!

Im getting ready to download the Inkscape right now (hope its easy to use)

Thanks for the help!!:thankyou:

Sticker Dude

No Starter does not have the option to make shadows
but this is what I do
I have Flexi Pro, I will design what I need in that shadow outline whatever 2 colors
then export then open it up in Starter and Cut from starter Then you are able to cut both colors
I do that cuz I have a prob cutting from Pro

Gordy Saunders

If you are not printing you will have to cut two seperate vinyls, you'll have to cut them so one can overlay the other. You'll have to apply them one at a time - one over the other.

MARSERdesigns

yes I know I will be cutting 2 colors or 2 vinyls. What is the easiest way to do it with text? This is where my problem lies....with a graphic I have no problem, its only the text right now.

MARSERdesigns

U need a program that will allow you to do a Effect of a shadow or outline. Then you can bring into Flexi and cut.

I'm using Photoshop right now..hope it works

DRPSignsNGrafix

Photo shop does not make them a Vector File. So that will not work for you. U have to have like CorelDraw, Illistrator or Flexi pro, or Sign Lab

cutkiller

I use illustrator 10. I dont know about other programs, but it should be something like this. Select the text and click Type / Create Outline. Simple as that. Also you can cut some "crop mark register" (sorry i dont know how you call it in english) close to your design, it will help you layering your 2 colors. Feel free to PM me with questions. cheer

Arstron

Do you have the option "convert strokes to outlines" in starter? If so, open the fill/stroke editor, click the stroke tab, ad a stroke the size you want. press arrange/convert strokes to outlines and you should be good to go.