• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Take Forevor

Jeremy092288

OK so flexi takes forevor..... I have a picture that I need to put on wall vinyl. It's a regular picture from a digital camera that I put through genuine fractals and Made it a lot bigger. It is 122 w x 65 h all of the digital picture. The JPG I used is 114 mb. When I try to RIP it it takes about 45 minutes.... then when I want to print it accross the network mind you it wants to take up to 3 or 4 hours according to my calculations of the percentage rate and the minutes.... I can produce a .PRT file on here to get the the printing machine.... but it's a 7.15 gb file!!!! I don't really know what I am doing.... is there a rule of thumb as to how big the file needs to be?

Thanks
Jeremy

S

Sign-Man Signs

Sounds like a RAM issue to me also. What DPI you trying to print?

Rodan68

The jpg is 114MB but what's the uncompressed size? Sounds like you're image is about 600 dpi making it actually a 7Gig file and killing your computer. Try resampling down to 72-120 dpi. Should reduce the file to a couple hundred MB and ease the strain on your computer.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I agree about the dpi. We printed a 14'x 21' golf course mural at 100 dpi. As I recall, with tile it took about 40 minutes to RIP. Really think it's a dpi issue now.

Jeremy092288

Yeah... i re ripped at 100 and it only took 37 minutes..... thanks boys..... Why did I think everything had to be printed at 300 dpi? and how do you know how high you should print it out?

zgraphics

Try opening your file in Photoshop and then saving it as jpeg. Maybe this will make the jpeg a little smaller. What program are you using to rip?