• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi uncompresses/rerasters images that are imported?

SignProPlus-Chip

OK. I specifically made low res JPGs to work with on a Sprinter wrap. The image file is 80MB, but when I import it into flexi, it inflates the FS file size to 1.1GB.

Why is Flexi doing this, are there setting to keep it from futzing with the file size of the image I am importing?

Files for wraps are getting too big to effectively work with.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I don't know a lot about Flexi, but if your compressed jpg was that size, I would expect your file to be huge as you are seeing. It looks like Flexi reads the uncompressed size of the file in its' data and doesn't recompress the jpg when saving. At least that would be my guess.

SignProPlus-Chip

Yes,

That looks like what is happening. I guess there is no way to treat the JPG as a compressed image.

I don't know a lot about Flexi, but if your compressed jpg was that size, I would expect your file to be huge as you are seeing. It looks like Flexi reads the uncompressed size of the file in its' data and doesn't recompress the jpg when saving. At least that would be my guess.