• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi weld question

signdesign

I have a word that I outlined I have them the same color now but I don't want my cutter to cut the lines out that are in the center. For some reason it won't weld together. Is there another way to do this.
THanks
Karen

Sabre

Shouldn't you be able to run a contour cut with the "Include Holes" or whatever deselected? Or am I not understanding what you're trying to accomplish?

gtjet

Karen we have had the same problem. But usually we want the inside cut out of letters like o,a,b,etc but not the outline. What Dennis said above works if you do not need the inside of the o,a,b,etc also cutout. We have not found a good way around this but I am sure there is one. A stroke works but ok but often would do what we were shooting for with the outline. Glad you ask you are not alone on this one.

advsign22

Dennis Raap said:
Karen, Try separating the the outline from the text then you should be able to select just the outline.
This is the way to do it. I am not around flexi right now or I could tell you how. Like Dennis said though. Outline the text with solid backing then seperate the outline from the text.

Ken

signdesign

How do you do the outline the text with solid backing I can't find that function anywhere. That would work perfect?

advsign22

signdesign said:
How do you do the outline the text with solid backing I can't find that function anywhere. That would work perfect?

I am still not at my shop but, go to outline and the bottom red/black square. Click on it and you should see the box that is white in the middle (no backing) and the box that is solid red in the middle ( with backing) and that is the one you need to select.

Hope this helps.

Ken