• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FLEXI with Lynx S-60 & SERIAL to USB

CentralSigns

Against my better judgement I picked up one of these plotters at a yard sale last week. Guy says he bought it new and fought with it but couldn't get it to work all the time. Some days it would work others wouldn't. He was selling it for $50 bucks cause it wasn't reliable and he thought a brand name one might be better to use on his laptop. I got an old boat anchor of the same brand in the shop just collecting dust. So I bought it thinking with 2 I would be able to make at least 1 good working one.

Plugged the thing in hooked it up to the parallel port and USB on laptop like he had tried didn't work. Cut everything overlapped really messed up the vinyl. Hooked it up Parallel CN36 M to printer port on desktop and it hasn't stopped. Best deal I ever got for $50 bucks. I think it's brand new, absolutely no wear or tare. Even the blade seems good.

chadgeezee

I'm currently trying to get my Lynx S-60 Cutter working. I initially had it working with a Parrallel to USB Cable on Easy Cut 5 software. It ran like this with no issues for 3 months, then stopped all of a sudden. I contacted Vinyl Express (Sign Warehouse) and they suggested I get the 25 pin to 9 pin serial cable and the Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter. I purchased these and installed the calbe, adapter, and driver. I followed the gentlemen's settings fix above and have been trying for days to get it running with no luck. I'm running windows 10 64 bit and Easy Cut Studio 5. Any help would be appricicated. Thanks!