• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi with Roland VF2 640

StickerBros

Is anyone else running Roland VF2 640 with Flexi? We are new to the Flexi software since we are running Summa cutters alongside it. The rest of our company uses Versa Works. The colors in VersaWorks are absolutely amazing on the VF2 640. But when we print through Flexi they are very dull and lame colors. Has anyone found the “perfect” color profile for Flexi to look like VersaWorks color profiling?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked I could not find a specific Roland thread.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you read above we are pairing it with Summa cutters which do not work with versa works

Does Summa have a stand alone software or an Illustrator/Corel plug-in? Most plotters I work on have one or both of those things and allows you to print with any RIP and cut with the Summa software. But I understand why you would want the ease of just using one software.

FrankW

Regularly, if you have a spectro, you have a lot more possibilities with Flexi than with Versaworks to create and optimize own Profiles. Using the few profiles delivered with Flexi is second choice only.

If anything different fails, you can use Flexi to create a print file with summa marks, print it with versaworks (if Versaworks is on the same computer, you can have a button to send data directly out of Flexi to Versaworks). You will find a function „contour cutting marks“ (or similar, I‘m not at my computer currently) in the menu „Effects“.

StickerBros

Regularly, if you have a spectro, you have a lot more possibilities with Flexi than with Versaworks to create and optimize own Profiles. Using the few profiles delivered with Flexi is second choice only.

If anything different fails, you can use Flexi to create a print file with summa marks, print it with versaworks (if Versaworks is on the same computer, you can have a button to send data directly out of Flexi to Versaworks). You will find a function „contour cutting marks“ (or similar, I‘m not at my computer currently) in the menu „Effects“.
I did not know it was possible to send it from Flexi to VersaWorks. Do you export to VersaWorks? Or how does that work? Thank you for your help

FrankW

Perhaps, if you have installed Versaworks at the same PC as Flexi, an icon should appear in one of the tool bars named “Send to Versaworks“. There are Versions for Rasterlink and Onyx too.

Not shure how to activate it if it is not there, could be that it needs separate activation through saicloud. Differs from version to version.

Dale D

If you read above we are pairing it with Summa cutters which do not work with versa works
What your saying doesnt make sense. Summa doesnt require VW because its not printing. 2 separate functions.
VW detail.jpg

I have the same set up as you (VF@-640, T-75, and T-160 OPOS) and I print to Versaworks because the profiles are great. Just because you use summa, doesnt mean you cant print through VW. ALL my prints STILL go through Versaworks. (If using OPOS, make sure Cutter Control is open in background)

Unless you purchase an X-Rite and set up your profiles yourself, I doubt you will get a good print from Flexi using that route. Let VW do what it was made to do by your printer manufacture.

Dale D

1. When purchasing Flexi, you need to tell them that you want the Roland Versaworks version. They also have a HP version as well I think.

For OPOS, I print with Contour Cut marks in VW, then remove and place in T-160. Send job to Cut Contour, Production manager opens. Once job is sent, Summa Cutter control will beep telling me to align the bottom right mark. Align it on machine the n press check mark on machine. It will then cut using Summa. Just make sure Summa is running in background.

Dale D

...if you like, since Im running the same setup, you can DM me and I can help you further and in more detail.