• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexible doming resin suppliers

Forty One

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of the 2 part mix of flexible resin for doming stickers?
China supplier if possible. Cheers

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
do you have an industrial setup for doming or more desktop capabilities?
depending on scale of your operation, i typically buy compounds from Italy.
For my smaller applications I like the single component compound Flexa SRL has.

Forty One

Thanks.
On average, I'm churning out approx 1litre to 2 per order a month.
This is all done by hand with a manual applicator gun and cartridge.
I'm looking to streamline and reduce the costs by upping the output to a bulk system. The closest thing I can see that will suit my needs at current is something like this:
Has anyone used/owns this unit? Can anyone advise a little more detail on it?

Superior_Adam

We use Dymax (dymax.com) for our resins. We go through about 30-40 gallons a year. As far as a dispenser goes look into Nordson (nordson.com). We have a 1 gallon reservoir and a digital pump/valve controller for dispensing.

Forty One

cheers.
what products do you produce with these?
I'm doing beer tap labels, 73mm dia circles (2.8 inch) and am trying to work out the correct amount of resin to use. What would you set your output to?

Superior_Adam

cheers.
what products do you produce with these?
I'm doing beer tap labels, 73mm dia circles (2.8 inch) and am trying to work out the correct amount of resin to use. What would you set your output to?
It will depend on your curing method. What i use is one part but needs high intensity light to cure. We used a one part before we switched that cured under black light but took forever. Ours cures through a conveyor in a few minutes. They were very helpful and sent out quite a few testers for use to try out before we decided.

Forty One

Thanks.
I've ordered the pneumatic machine as above, and now am waiting on stock to arrive of the bulk resin.
I have an order at current of 250 units @ 80mm x 50mm. The surface area works out to .004mm2
Should I allow for 1ml/.001mm2? I.E. 4mls?
It seemed a little thin and didn't really flow to the edges too quickly.

I'm really trying to work out a formula v surface area as we progress forward.

GB2

Old Member
We use Dymax (dymax.com) for our resins. We go through about 30-40 gallons a year. As far as a dispenser goes look into Nordson (nordson.com). We have a 1 gallon reservoir and a digital pump/valve controller for dispensing.
Could you be more specific about the exact product and equipment you are using? I've glanced at the websites but I'm not sure where to begin. Thanks!