• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FlexiPrint ICC Wizard fails

Ptzulu

Hello!

So, we use FlexiPrint Productionserver to RIP to our flatbed (Chinese 3x2m Ricoh Gen5). So far, so good.

Most media, with default profile, have too much ink (oh so I think).

I’m regularly create profile for other machines (none use Flexi) and it’s relatively easy. You print inklimit, put numbers, read linearization, multiink limit, characterization, voila. Normally things go ok.
Now, with flexi, I arrive at characterization , and can’t print the test to read
1c92e20a35d688ac367cbddbd79afa34.jpg

I use an oldie (but trusty) i1 pro (first gen).
Am I doing something wrong?

Is flexi limiting me? Is there licensing restrictions?
Can I use other software to make profiles for this?

Is there anyway to modify the current profiles to limit ink without reading? (By eye...... would be a pain, but if it works).

I tried curves on job but it messes the colors to great length..

Thanks for the kind support :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturn

Aging Member
If it's a free version that came with the printer or other piece of hardware, the color profiler may not be complete. I had the same issue with a bundled version of flexi that came with my printer. I finally had to call them to confirm that it wasn't fully capable. What I do now is just buy one (or more) months of the cloud version when I need to profile and then pause or deactivate it when I don't.

Also, I occasionally find bugs in flexi at some point in the profiling process and just need to start a new profile from scratch to get things to work again—thankfully usually early on. It works great otherwise, at least for straight CMYK I've had super results.

Ptzulu

Well, it’s says cloud version “insert machine name I dont remember”.

Maybe is as you said :/

I will try to make through i1profile or profile maker, in tandem with Flexi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPD

I realize this is kind of a simplistic answer but see choice 1. Did you calibrate before going on to choice 2?