• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexisign 10 won't apply Contour marks

sign8201

hey yall,

my problem is that my flexi 10 will not let me apply contour marks for a print that im wanting to print with my desktop printer and then to contour with my graphtec

is what I'm wanting to do but when i go to apply the marks the box tool is just grey out

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 496

bannertime

That is strange, I'm sure you've tried closing and restarting the program. If not actually restarting the whole program. Other than that, you may have to reinstall completely.

If you could print from Production Manager to your desktop, you could let the RIP add the marks.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
First off, I'll echo JBurns' question- do you have the Print & Cut version? It is the only version that will accomplish what you're attempting. The video you post is for the "starter" version, so if that's what you're running- you can't.
Second, if you have the Print & Cut version, are you trying to print an image file? You would still have to create a cut path around it- Flexi will not (at least as of last year) automatically generate that path.

Joe House

you also need to send the job through the rip, not the windows printer driver.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bannertime

On his screenshot it shows to be SignPro which is the print and cut. He also shows to have a cutline on there. If he didn't, the Cut Marks option would be greyed out.

sign8201

I have FlexiSign Pro 10 Installed that prints and cuts on my CJV30-160, when I add a contour on an object and go to Rip/Print on the print preview they appear and my mimaki will print them and then cut....but just trying to apply them to print on my Graphtec its a different story

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yes you have to have an object in the file that is a ContourCut outline before any contour marks will be applied. Be sure you have done that.

bannertime

A few things I'd try:

-Of course restarting everything.
-If you have been using the same file, copy the art and try it in another file.
-Try it on different artwork that you've had success with before.
-See if there are any available updates.
-Remove and reinstall Flexi.

You could call SAI they may have an idea.

I don't doubt you know how to do a contour cut line and marks, but as a reminder you simply select the artwork, add contour cut line, select the type of cut line, click the green check mark, keep the same art selected and go to Contour Cut Marks, select your marks and click the green check mark.