• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign 19 Nesting Jobs Question

DPD

Hi All,
Well, figured I'd post this one to the experts because SAI support didn't have an answer.

Running flexi19 subscription and everything is up to date. I send two vinyl jobs to the production manager to be cut. In fact, I've tried this with the same exact job. I'm holding the job in the list on the production manager side.

I select both jobs and the "Nest" option is grayed out regardless of anything I try. Doesn't matter if its the same exact job or different height/width jobs. It just stays grayed out. I try to "nest" the jobs prior to sending to the production manager through ARRANGE>NEST and all I get is a jumbled mess of text.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

bannertime

Is this a print/cut job or just a cut job? I do not think the nest option is available for plotters. Just for print jobs. Doing the Arrange>Nest function inside Flexi Designer will nest everything that is not grouped or welded. If you have a bunch of "loose" text, group it and then do the nest again.

If it's a print job, then the specs of each job have to match exactly or else it won't Nest. It's pretty dumb and should allow any like material jobs to next with their own settings.

In my opinion, SAI has lost their way and have no real clue what they're doing anymore. They'll release a new feature and it's broken or incomplete. For example: Proof Approval tool lacks simple features like branding and custom email domains, the mobile page for it is hard to navigate for most end users, Sketch is beyond useless as you can't create templates or predefined sizes, no options to even embed their own Sign Design Elements subscription into it, Virtual Sign app is broken and can't be logged into, Sidekick was announced and never released, Quick Quote doesn't even connect to the proof approval tool. Then you can get into things like lack of OTF support, subpar raster/transparency support, the font finder tool is way too complicated and not even built in. The list just goes on and on and on.

Then when you contact support, they play games and blame issues on everything else besides their crappy software that feels like development has been outsourced to India since Flexi 10.

Sorry I know this is an off topic rant, but my god, I just want this software to be good.

Last edited:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What Banner said.
Do all your nesting/grouping of jobs in Flexi. Sometimes, I will copy and paste a few cut jobs in to a file I can later delete, when I know I have to cut many small jobs in the same color. Just arrange them to fit your vinyl width and you're good.

lbpalm

Is this a print/cut job or just a cut job? I do not think the nest option is available for plotters. Just for print jobs. Doing the Arrange>Nest function inside Flexi Designer will nest everything that is not grouped or welded. If you have a bunch of "loose" text, group it and then do the nest again.

If it's a print job, then the specs of each job have to match exactly or else it won't Nest. It's pretty dumb and should allow any like material jobs to next with their own settings.

In my opinion, SAI has lost their way and have no real clue what they're doing anymore. They'll release a new feature and it's broken or incomplete. For example: Proof Approval tool lacks simple features like branding and custom email domains, the mobile page for it is hard to navigate for most end users, Sketch is beyond useless as you can't create templates or predefined sizes, no options to even embed their own Sign Design Elements subscription into it, Virtual Sign app is broken and can't be logged into, Sidekick was announced and never released, Quick Quote doesn't even connect to the proof approval tool. Then you can get into things like lack of OTF support, subpar raster/transparency support, the font finder tool is way too complicated and not even built in. The list just goes on and on and on.

Then when you contact support, they play games and blame issues on everything else besides their crappy software that feels like development has been outsourced to India since Flexi 10.

Sorry I know this is an off topic rant, but my god, I just want this software to be good.

...You only forgot to mention that Flexi is a 32 bit app in a 64 bit world.