• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign 8.1v1 Issues

SignGuySean

Recently had all the drivers go bottoms up on our Windows XP based computer (gave out with one final cough.)

We went out and bought a brand new computer using Windows 10 to reinstall all of our files and software on (a much needed change.) However...

We've managed to connect the computer to our router and everything seems fine. Flexisign 8.1v1 installed without any issues along with Corel Draw (we were using x3 but had to update to x8 because Windows 10 doesn't support the old software.) After battling to get my plotter working on this computer (the driver installation refused to take.) I finally got it and tried to do my first cut in FlexiSign but the whole program shuts down on me every time I choose local computer option... "Unexpected failure occurred it is recommended... blah blah". This happens whether I use the cut/plot button or just ctrl+L. I was not here for the original installation of either the programs or the devices, so I don't know what they did to originally set up these devices on the old computer.

Using a Graphtec 7000 if it matters, but this seems more of a FlexiSign issue than the plotter itself.

We are well behind on our projects as we've been trying to get all this bought / installed / updated for the past 3 days. Any help at all would be awesome. Let me know if I have been too vague or need more information on anything else.

I read on a few sites that I might need to reinstall FlexiSign as it isn't recognizing the device driver because it was installed afterwards, but I reset back to defaults shortly after the driver took, so I think/thought that would take care of that issue.

CS-SignSupply

Tyr this... Open Flexi, go to Edit>Preferences

Click on TOOLS>CUT/PLOT

Uncheck "Use TCPIP" option... OK, save, reboot.

8.1v1 does not like Win10 and the connection between Flexi's APP (Layout) and APP2 (Output) often fails and may not have a solution.

SignGuySean

Man, you are incredible.

So I went into Tools and couldn't find the "CUT/PLOT" option, but I did see the RIP/PRINT had the TCP/IP connections as well. I'm guessing Flexi this far back had them all as one group, because when I clicked it off, it started working like it never had a problem.

Thank you endlessly for your help and speed.

CS-SignSupply

If you have PRO, you have RIP/PRINT. EXPERT or below and you have CUT/PLOT.

Glad it all worked out.

Please give us a call for your sign making software, equipment and supply needs.

Also, be sure to check out our March Training Event with Mark Rugen... Flexi Academy Training – March 24 & 25, 2017

There will be discounts and upgrade specials offered during the session.