• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign and new computer

advsign22

Hello all,
Today I installed my flexisign 7.5 on my new dell running XP. Program runs fine except I am getting "CONNECTION TO PRODUCTION MANAGER TIMEOUT. TRY TO CONNECT AGAIN" messages and it will not ever connect or go past this to cut or print.

Anyone have any Clues?

Thanks,
Ken

Ogriv

I've had this error before! I found that my personal firewall was preventing the production manager from acting as a server, it thought it was mal-ware. I reconfigured my firewall settings to allow the production manager to act as a server and all was fine. I assume that your using XP with SP2 ??? If so, it will have it's firewall running and you may have to let it know that PM is OK to run.

I don't know for sure if this is your problem, but it fixed mine.

Ogriv

idsign

advsign,

Keep us posted on how you like Flexi. I really like the importability of the many file formats - including CDR, PDF and PSD files.

Flexi seems to have really great plotter driver / controls. Production Manager is a nice tool, too. Cuts real nice on my Summa D750.

What cutter do you have (just curious)?

Barry

advsign22

Ogriv said:
I've had this error before! I found that my personal firewall was preventing the production manager from acting as a server, it thought it was mal-ware. I reconfigured my firewall settings to allow the production manager to act as a server and all was fine. I assume that your using XP with SP2 ??? If so, it will have it's firewall running and you may have to let it know that PM is OK to run.

Ogriv

I got it to work!!
Thanks to all that got me on the path to fix this problem. Here is another thing that I did to get me past the timeouts incase someone else has the same problem:

Go to your Preferences and select TOOLS... Choose CUT/PLOT from the menu on the left and UNCHECK 'Connect to Production Manager via TCP/IP'.
Found that on the JSI site from one of Bobby's post. JSI is where I got my VersaCamm and he is a super smart dude when it comes to problems. He flew to my place in South Alabama to do a repair job on my VersaCamm and looks like he pulled me through again with the help of all of you guys!!

Now I can put my 4 gig's of ram to the test on this new computer!!

Ken

Yes, this is a brand new dell and I would assume that it is SP-2

Ken

Last edited:

Scott Reynolds

ICC profiles are on a 2nd disk, Flexi should ask you to install them when installing Flexi. I had lost my ICC disk, found it in my laptop this morning.. lol

idsign

advsign,

4 gig RAM? HolyMoley! You've got more $$$ in ram than I have in my computer!
Wow!

barry