• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexisign demo?

Zardoz_Canada

Does anyone know if there is a flexisign demo that can be downloaded? I am sure that I am going to buy it but I want to get their discount for owners of VersaWorks but I will not be recieving my SP540V until October.

The reason for the demo is that I would like to start taking some of the tutorials that I have found on the internet as well as play around with the program so I will be more up to speed for using it with the 540 when it arrives.

While I'm on the topic, which version would you think is best. I figure that I should go right up to the pro.

One more question: Can you put the rip engine on another computer or does it have to be on the one the program is installed on? I would like to offload the rip to a printer server to 'free up' the design computer.

thanks,
Zardoz

jayhawksigns

You can run the Production Manager (what takes care or ripping and running the printer) on a different computer, its something I would strongly suggest to anyone. As for a demo, try to get a hold of a local reseller for Flexi, they should be able to help you out.

And if you plan on ripping with Flexi, I think that you have to go Pro.

Kevin Huffman

Hey Guys,

Yes, you can get a demo version of the software from almost any retailers. The only problem is it will not allow you to output anything. You can't save, print or export anything. It is strictly for viewing purposes.

Yes, go Pro all the way.

Yes, you can run the production manager on another computer. I don't know how much it will free up the design computer, I think all the ripping is done on computer that sends the image to the production manager. The best way to go is to get 2 copy's of flexi, network the 2 computers together, design on one computer and rip through the other.

jayhawksigns

Kevin Huffman said:
Yes, you can run the production manager on another computer. I don't know how much it will free up the design computer, I think all the ripping is done on computer that sends the image to the production manager. The best way to go is to get 2 copy's of flexi, network the 2 computers together, design on one computer and rip through the other.
All the ripping takes place on whatever computer the Production Manager runs on, the core Flexi program has to prep the file to send to the PM, which sometimes takes a while, but the bulk of the processing still would run on print server.