• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FlexiSIGN How do I add crops to a file?

ABCPrinting

1) No, that's done in the rip. 2) why crop marks?
I am designing and saving the file on a computer that isnt hooked up to the rip then the person printing the file opens it and rips it from a different computer. I was just hoping I could have the file ready for them to print without them having to add crop marks as that is what other designers do from Illustrator in the shop. I am adding crop marks so we know how big/where to cut the vinyl to be applied.

bannertime

Ah, well as someone who does production work, I despise crop marks. In our environment, they only allow you to accurately trim two sides. When you're using a ruler and knife (not a square or chopper) then you end up cutting off the mark you need to line up on the next cut. If you haven't done it yet, try it. I'm sure they work great for small format stuff where you can guillotine them while they're squared up against a guide or something and just need to position the blade.

ikarasu

What do you use if you don't use crops? edge lines? Genuinely curious!

We crop everything. We use the crops when applying to substrates as alignment marks, We also use it for cutting square... Yes, if you cut the whole length it'll cut the other crop off... But you cut just up to the crop line and you can still use the crops.

For our guillotines we use inside crops and just cut to the crops to square the media / stack it up, and from there we cut hundreds of sheets at once. But for all our other prints we use regular crops.

As for how to do it in flexi... I don't use flexi anymore so I'm not sure. It seems like a pretty basic feature and should be possible, but maybe since it's in production manager they don't have it in design... so I can't be of help, sorry!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
use MARGIN in Flexi RIP. Then you don't cut anything off when you cut one side.

Attachments

• crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 276