• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign on 2 machines, Vinyl Express cutters, Win7 on one, XP on other

signdesignms

I've working at a newly moved sign shop. There are two computers, networked, both running Flexsign 8.62, with one machine running Win 7 and the other machine running Win XP. There are two Vinyl Express cutters hooked to the Win 7 machine. The other machine, the Win XP machine, can't send to the vinyl cutters. This is likely to be because we don't have them set up properly. Any advice on how to do this?

CS-SignSupply

So...

you have one computer with XP, Flexi and a cutter physically connected
you have one computer with WIN7, Flexi and a cutter physically connected

or

you have both cutters connected to one of the computers

??

Start simple... ignore the network. Try to cut from XP computer to cutter that is physically connected to that individual computer

signdesignms

"There are two Vinyl Express cutters hooked to the Win 7 machine."

The goal is to enable the Win XP machine to output to the cutters while they are connected to the Win 7 machine.

The cutters are known to work - they work properly from the Win 7 machine that they are attached to. The cutters are using USB ports on the Win 7 machine.

I'm aware that I can unplug and replug machines; that is not the goal. The goal is to be able to use the cutters from the Win XP computer when they are physically plugged into the Win 7 computer.

There's no question that this is possible, the question is how to do it.

I'm not sure this is actually a Flexisign question as much as it is a networking devices on a mixed Win 7 - Win XP network, however, the thread was moved to this forum by the moderators.

Graphics2u

Can the 2 computers already see each other and share folders on the network?

If so, it would be similar to the set up I have, 2 comp, flexi pro on 1 and flexi designer on the other. I can send and from the flexi designer to production manager on the other machine running flexi pro.

Whe I send from the comp with Desiner on it I'm asked where do you want to connect to Production Manager. I choose another computer on this network. Then as long as production manager is running on the othe comp it shows up in list and I choose it. These are both XP comps though.

Might be something in Flexi's preferences.

Blazingsun

You will need to make sure the two cutters are shared devices on the win 7 pc. once this is done you should be able to select the cutter from the drop down in flexi manager on the xp PC