• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign Pro 10 Media Profiles

MangoPRI

Hi all,

Just picked up a Mimaki CJV30-160 with FlexiSign Pro installed. It currently only has a few media profiles installed. Couple of glossy banner settings and 6 or so 3m profiles and that is it.

Does anyone know a good source to download more profiles? Do the profiles have to be .ptf files?

Kind regards,

Chris

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Hi all,

Just picked up a Mimaki CJV30-160 with FlexiSign Pro installed. It currently only has a few media profiles installed. Couple of glossy banner settings and 6 or so 3m profiles and that is it.

Does anyone know a good source to download more profiles? Do the profiles have to be .ptf files?

Kind regards,

Chris
Canned profiles can be found here but you're probably going to need to tweak them if you want accurate color.

MangoPRI

Canned profiles can be found here but you're probably going to need to tweak them if you want accurate color.

Thank you. The CJV option on their website only seems to have the ones already installed which is 3m180, 3m 3545 and generic glossy.

Shouldn't there be some paper and non glossy options also? The options seem very limited in comparison to rasterlink and none of the options go higher than 720x1080....

Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Check the media manufacturer's web sites would be my suggestion. Flexi is limited, but SAI assumes that users will be doing their own profiling, according to the techs that I had a chance to ask about needing specific media profiles.

GaSouthpaw

One of the buttons on the top of the Production Manager, if I recall. You need a spectrophotometer.
If you don't have one, and can't justify the expense, I suggest trying to tweak an existing profile to your liking for whatever media you want to use it on, and saving the profile under a different name.

MangoPRI

One of the buttons on the top of the Production Manager, if I recall. You need a spectrophotometer.
If you don't have one, and can't justify the expense, I suggest trying to tweak an existing profile to your liking for whatever media you want to use it on, and saving the profile under a different name.

When you say Tweaking, is it the temperatures that you play with? Also, when I change the resolution of an existing profile it comes up with a yellow exclamation mark.

Thanks,

GaSouthpaw

When you say Tweaking, is it the temperatures that you play with? Also, when I change the resolution of an existing profile it comes up with a yellow exclamation mark.

Thanks,
Sometimes it's the temperature. Sometimes the ink percentages, sometimes the vibrancy, sometimes the contrast. It all depends on what the print looks like compare to what you think it should look like. I haven't run Flexi in a year or so, and there was never a single thing you could do to correct everything. It was trial and error without setting up profiles.

Joe House

Also, when I change the resolution of an existing profile it comes up with a yellow exclamation mark.
The yellow exclamation mark simply means that you're choosing settings that were not used when the profile was created. But if you're using material other than what the profile was created for, that's the same so, if it looks good to you, that's what matters.
As GaSouthpa says, there's a lot of trial and error involved with tweaking profiles to fit your needs. So justifying the initial outlay of a spectrophotometer should take that time and material investment in tweaking into account before you pass on creating your own profiles. You can quickly pass the roughly $1000 mark of an i1 just experimenting.

MangoPRI

I find it really surprising how difficult it is to get profiles off the shelf for this software. Think I'll spend my time learning rasterlink instead. Complete newbie to this machine so trying to choose the best path to follow.