• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign Question

DPD

Seems the people at Flexisign aren't getting back to me. I can understand why because it's more than the simple question. Hopefully, someone here can help. Here we go:

I received a graphic that was vectorized. It is a complex graphic, more like an illustration. Looks to me like the artiste brought the jpg into Corel or something similar, did a power trace and masked off the unneeded area. Soooo, I open it in Flexi 19 and I see a transparent background and the vectorized portion has a green tint. I go ahead and print it as a PDF and I can see that the PDF is showing it on my display as shades of black to white and no green tint. I was sent two versions, a PDF and an EPS and the green tinted vector image remains the same and when I run it through to a PDF print I see no green tinted vector image. Hah! I say, let's see what this looks like in Photoshop, Corel, and Acrobat. All vector images, regardless of EPS or PDF are displayed as shades of white to black with a transparent background.

First thought, do I have some sort of grayscale image? Nope. Second thought, display settings in Flexi for the color. Nope. Then I remove all masks and still have the problem (I thought perhaps a mask was causing the issue). I even do a 'save as' in different file formats because it was created in a version of illustrator where I can't read the files. Then I try the last possible thing (at least I think it is) possible. I turn on 'soft proofing' in Flexi and voila! the tint goes away. So what gives? I go to the Flexi help files (if you've ever read them they are scant help) and the best I can see is that there is a chance, albeit a small one, that Flexi is using a profile that the graphics were saved with. Anythings possible.

Has anyone seen anything like this with Flexi and solved the problem? Thanks

The Grindilkin

Okay, we just had a similar problem two weeks ago, were printing the same picture twice, each time with a different side masked and vector art over the top of the pics, and we were getting weird color shifts. No matter what I did I couldn't get the color to print consistent. I couldn't even get the wrong color to print consistent, it seemed to change slightly each time. I figured it had something to do with how flexi was interpeting the file. Got on the horn with Sai (who make flexi) and explained the problem. Tech asks, "Are you using Flexi 21 or 19?" "19," says I. "Okay, let me take a look at the file." Tech took one look over the file and says, "Oh yeah, that's a bug in Flexi 19, we fixed it in 21, download that and give it a go." So I did and guess what? Problem fixed. So....update your software and it will fix the bug.