• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexistarter 10 vs flexisign pro 10

nexus

Hi over the past 3 months i have just started up my own sign writing company after 10 years in the trade. I have a roland cx-24 and a king rabbit 1300 for the wider jobs.
But my friend had given me signblazer elements for a sign program to work from but have used flexisign while being in the trade.
So my question is i want to buy flexistarter 10 but wondering if it will do what i need with my vinyl cutters because at the moment cant afford flexisign pro yet so is it worth buying?

Cheers

Raulrdz

I fell for this one when I first started...don't waste your money. Buy the full version, remember that it takes money to make money.

Steph_Stamm

Flexi has several levels from the bare minimum to everything, as Fred said. It sounds like for the time being you are only vinyl cutting with a bit of design. Pro also gives you printing, which you may not need yet (but can always upgrade to later), so I would recommend going with middle of the road FlexiSIGN. This will give you solid design capabilities and vinyl cutting, while saving room in the budget. If you think you'll use color vectorization, it would be worth bumping up one level to FlexiEXPERT.

As for drivers, Flexi has the Roland CX-24, but only the King Rabbit HX-1360. You may be able to run the HX-1300 using the HX-1360 driver, but it's not advised. That may be a deciding factor whether you use Flexi at all. Good luck!