• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiStarter Cutting Basic Fronts?

writetoknow

I just purchases a new cutter/plotter with FlexiStarter software. I can get it to cut panels only? When I try to get the software to cut a font or fonts it will go back to cutting the panel it will not cut the fonts?

The other big problem I have is - I have XP on my computer when I send the sign to the cutter the project manager appears along with program to cut the signs, however, the window for where the signs show is so large I cannot see the icon at the bottom of the window. I have tried everything, of course minimizing the window to changes the pixels in the computer display system to going into the properties in FlexiStarter, but nothing will allow me to see the buttons at the bottom of the window. Perhaps at the bottom of the window is an icon that will let me cut the fonts I don't know?

Wow any suggestion would be very much appreciated I know there is a simple answer, but I have wasted hours trying to get the system simple to cut a f:Oops: ont.

Writetoknow

Last edited:
Welcome.

What exactly is a "front"? At first, I thought you had simply made a typo and you meant "font", but you spelled it the same way several times, so it must not be a mistake. Explain a little better what you're trying to cut and maybe someone can help.

WVB

Fronts = Font? Are you typing fonts or are you placing an image into Flexistarter trying to cut it?

writetoknow

Font Reply

It should have been font/letters. I can't get the system to cut the fonts? It will cut the panels the fronts are blocked into, but not the font itself. I unable to see the bottom of the window the sign is displayed in when it is sent to the cutting program. In other words, I cannot mininize the window enough to read the icons to see if there is a specfic icon to click just to cut the fonts.

Sorry I did not explain the problem clearly I hope this it better?

Last edited:

gerald

Are you drawing a box and typing the fonts inside the box. If so, you'll have to compound them or do an exclude common.

Just make the letters and the panel behind them the same color. Or find the box in production manager that says "send all colors" and put a checkmark in it. Either way it should cut the letters and the panel together.

There is no button to cut just fonts....most production managers cut objects by color. If you want everything on the screen to cut, just make everything the same color or choose send all colors in PM.

Sticker Dude

I take it you have a Master cutter <junk> but anyways flexistater is a basic program if you are tring to cut < FONTS > or any other picture Production Manger will always drop down to the bottom you really dont use that on the starter, ow there will be a screen that pops up showing what exactlly what you are cutting now is that what you are saying doesnt appear.
now you are new here this is your first post you need to check back often to see if anyone responded also its not called a sign when you cutting it out
Anyone want to define Signs?? lol

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
gerald said:
Are you drawing a box and typing the fonts inside the box. If so, you'll have to compound them or do an exclude common.

Or simply turn on "Cut All Colors" in Production Manager.

writetoknow

Thank all of you very much I am starting to get some ideas! The FlexiStarter program makes a box automaticly to put the signs into. There may be away of turning that opition off? About the window issue - the window is the one that pops up when you send the sign to the cutter. That is the window I am unable to see the bottom of no matter what I do. About making all the colors the same I have not tried that as of yet, but I will. I haven't seen a box that says "send all colors" to progect manager, but I will look for that also. I wished I had found this forum before buying the Master cutter, but hopefully it will pay for itself before I have to purchase a good one?

gerald

What resolution do you have your monitor set at? That is usually the prob. when things are off screen. Try changing to 1024 x 768. 600x800 is a min. Just something else to look at.

writetoknow

Same Old Problem

Well I appreciate all the help, but nothing simple! Tried all the suggestions 1.) making all the colors the same 2.) checking send all colors, but when I send even one letter to the cutter it puts it into a block and thats what the cutter will cut not the individual shape of the font?

The window pops up it shows the letter and it shows it in a box around the letter not the shap and the cutter cuts the box not the shape boy I am really feeling stupid with this thing how hard can it be to cut a letter? I click on advance where you check boxs and I really don't see anything there that helps with the problem acept the box for "send all colors".

Oh yea it automatic puts an outline/margin for the sign I even send a letter out side the box/margins and it still blocked it in and sent it to the cutter window in a block?

:help:

Whit

Before sending to cutter,,,
are you clicking on what needs to cut ???
As in "Red Indicator Lines on Fonts" ???

writetoknow

Still Not Happening

Thanks for the suggestion. In the program there are two arrows for selecting an object if I use either of those arrows it puts the letter into a block, that is, the area around the letter not the shape of the letter. I tried to click on the red line around the letter as suggested, but it does the same thing. I have looked for other icons to click on to get the shape of the font. There is a drop down window that will give me the direction the letter will be cut, but once again when the letter is send to cutter the cutter will show a block not a shape?:wine-smi:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Select the block and ungroup it in Flexi (Control +U). You should now be able to select just the text and output it to Production Manager. The block you see in Production Manager is the weed border which can be left on for convenience or turned off in Production Manager.

The key thing to remember is that Production Manager knows it can only cut one color of vinyl at a time unless you tell it to cut all colors. If you have been outputting a multi-color job you probably have the rest of the color cuts stacked up in your plot spooler. Check that they are removed before you send anything else to Production Manager from Flexi's workspace.

writetoknow

it just get's better and better the information as I define the problem. I want to thank everyone for the time and effort truly there are some things a person cannot buy and one of them is all your experience.

Thankful,

writetoknow

writetoknow

I Don't Understand The Weeding Border?

I have read about the weeding border, but the information given with the program is vague.:beer

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's because as a concept it's pretty straightforward. The weed border isolates what you are cutting from the uncut portions of your film and also makes weeding easier in the process. Not much else to say about it.