• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Clear Coat and Laminate

MI Bearcat

I have a customer that wants their logo applied to the floor (indoors) and then they will apply a clear coat over the graphic. Would a laminate still be needed? Would hate to have some type of laminate failure that causes issues with the clear coat.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I have a customer that wants their logo applied to the floor (indoors) and then they will apply a clear coat over the graphic. Would a laminate still be needed? Would hate to have some type of laminate failure that causes issues with the clear coat.

I guess it would depend on the type of clear coat used. Would it be a floor wax?

Here's the 3M bulletin on floor graphic application. There is a section about waxing & buffing that might be helpful.

Attachments

• 5.19 Application and Maintenance of Floor Graphics Instruction Bulletin 14708.pdf
    355.3 KB · Views: 142