• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

floor graphics question

just been talking to our local rep regarding some sample material to show some customers as they are wanting floor graphics. he said you can use standard material(calendered or cast) just standard stuff and then use a heavy special laminate made for the floor graphic as it will be thick/tuff and non slip. now i know that i needed a special laminate, but i thought i needed a special type of floor graphic material........am i wrong? i know it depends on where its going etc as you can get material for rough surfaces, out doors etc, but this is for indoor use only and i wanted to know from you guys who do these, can i just use a regular material with the floor laminate or do i need to buy in some material just for this application?

thanks!

from what my rep was saying was....use a standard material, laminate it with the specific floor lam, make sure the area is preped and once applied leave for 4 hours(no foor traffic) and then thats it......... is this right? i can see what your saying about a non permanent removable vinyl pat, that would make sense.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
When the job fails and you need a new sales rep give me a call and I will hook you up. You need a removable vinyl thats made for floors.

hence the question bigfish!! didn't sound right to me so i figurered i post up on here to see what you all recommend! so what exactly should i be looking at for materials and bigfish what do you have for this type of app?

I have used the General Formulations vinyl for hard floors and vinyl for carpet. They both work and they have 2 lams for it. I would highly sugest a matched set for floor graphics. Make sure it is UL certified to cover your but.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Like everyone said above you definitely need a vinyl that is specifically designed for this application; normally most vinyl manufacturers sell kits that include the vinyl and laminate, at least the manufactures that we sell do. As for the installation the manufactures all have installation guides that you should read and follow to keep yourself protected from law suits should anyone slip and fall.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have used the General Formulations vinyl for hard floors and vinyl for carpet. They both work and they have 2 lams for it. I would highly sugest a matched set for floor graphics. Make sure it is UL certified to cover your but.

Thats a good brand to use.

sghobbies

I had a sample from a company called permovable. I put it on the tile entrance in our showroom 6 months ago......Tried to remove the next day and that crap is still there. One day when I'm motivated I guess I will get on my hands and knees and scrape it off somehow.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Rush the GF product line should be available local to you, I would love to sell it to you but with shipping I wont be as competitive as your local guy. Let me know when you need window perf or lamination though lol.

thanks bigfish, i know you do alot of stuff we use, and as you say with the shipping etc its sometimes not viable, however, it doesn't hurt to get quotes sometimes and i appreciate the info, excellent as usuall.