• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Florida Hurricane - Check in Please

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
I'm okay here in my area. Still have power and internet, no flooding or other issues. (truly Blessed in this one).
Some of our members are down in the Cape Coral, Ft.Meyers, and Tampa areas.
And, the McIltrot brothers (SignCraft Magazine). Hoping and Praying all is okay with them.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
There are a lot of fairly active members here that are in Florida... I've been hoping for more updates from them. I hope everyone is okay.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
All good here. I'm in the middle of moving from near Winter Haven up to outside of Gainesville. The boy, the dog, and I rode it out up there without hardly anything to speak of, save losing power for roughly an hour and then being rudely awakened because I forgot to turn out the bedroom light switch :doh:

Other house in WH is good, lost power there for a day but nothing in the freezer or fridge even defrosted at all. Lots of folks down south west of here were hit HARD. I've been in coms with a number of them in Fort Myers and Venice area and it's pretty rough. I know of one hospital that lost a big chunk of roof and had to evacuate many patients.

I'm part of a disaster medical response team and we got notified Wed about mid-day to be on standby to set up a casualty collection point, but thankfully that never materialized and it seems the loss of life from this thing was surprisingly low, for which I'm personally very grateful. Honestly kinda surprised we didn't get a call to help with the evacuation mentioned above.

Boy and I spent all day yesterday up there cleaning the deadfall twigs and shit from my new property, then headed down here in the evening. Today we went out to the ranch where he does horse lessons and spent about 4 hours working out there doing cleanup. It was exhausting, not gonna lie.

John, roughly where in CFL are you?