• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing printer by filling new ink cartridges with solvent fluid

antonitus

Has anyone ever filled clean brand new ink cartridges with solvent fluid to flush their eco-solvent printers? I'm going to do this myself, but I just wanted to ask if anyone did it and was successful in flushing their printer this way.

Thanks.

Johnny Best

Has anyone ever filled clean brand new ink cartridges with solvent fluid to flush their eco-solvent printers? I'm going to do this myself, but I just wanted to ask if anyone did it and was successful in flushing their printer this way.

Thanks.
No, but tell us how it works out.

antonitus

Why not just buy cleaning cartridges?

I do actually have a set of these cleaning cartridges. I was merely asking a question to this community whether anyone successfully created their own solvent flushing cartridges as it is cheaper. Roughly to buy 6 cleaning cartridges costs around £120 or more. Filling six cartridges with solvent cleaner costs about £30 or less.