• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flywheel Press tooling

Signed Out

Looking to purchase a flywheel punch press. Want to speed up and ease the process of punching holes, and maybe rounding corners? Processing orders of (1000) small aluminum signs, each needing 4 holes and 4 corners, the arbor presses with accucutter and sign xpert tools hole punch and corner rounders isn't cutting it anymore.

Couple of questions as I am kinda lost in the "tooling" aspect here.

Is it possible to use my accucutter and/or sign xpert tools tooling in a flywheel punch press? Would have to attach the table/tooling assemblies to the flywheel press, but if I am able to do that, is there any reason why this wouldn't work? I think I would probably have to get the stroke adjusted properly so it doesn't blow the tooling apart?

I have and am in the process of trying to hookup with a local tooling company to see if they can point me in the right direction to purchase tooling, or possibly make custom tooling for me. what would be awesome would be a combo tool that rounds a corner and punches a hole at the same time. But also have a need for flexibility, like different combos of corner radius size and hole size, and also hole location. So in the end a combo tool probably isn't feasible.

If using the accucutter/xpert sign tools tooling isn't an option, and custom tooling isn't feasible, does anybody have a good online source to purchase tooling for a flywheel punch press? Tooling for punching holes is pretty straight forward, but what I really want to know is if anybody makes tooling for these presses for corner rounding?