• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Expert Training

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, if I generate a data base on one of my computers, can I copy it to another and get working results? Can I do groups of fonts on different computers and blend them?

Not recommended and no.

If you have not networked your various workstations, I recommend that you do so. You should create the database in one master location, on a file server for example, and then set the path from any workstation where you want to use FontExpert to see the one database on the file server.

Your thinking about managing and using databases is exactly the reverse of how they work. One never creates many databases and then blends them together. One create one database and then pulls diferent data from it for different purposes.

In the case of what you are doing, I recommend that you bring the fonts to one workstation, install them and add them to one database to build the whole archive from one place. Once you have built it, if you want to access it from different workstations by installing FontExpert on those different workstations, then you are doing it correctly.