• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gabriel Aguilar

Hello!

Please help!

I was wondering if anyone knew what font this is on this ambulance. The ones that say "FLOWER MOUND" and all those.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220519_144125.jpg
    20220519_144125.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 252

Colin

Well, here’s my take:

I tried to ID it in my usual way(s), but came up empty. I thought it might be one of the Letterhead “Fire Truck” typefaces, but nothing there either.

I used to have a good collection of old typeface booklets, but I sold them all about a year ago. This seems vaguely familiar, so it could be one of those (scanned & vectorized), but it could also be hand-work from the particular sign shop that lettered this truck. Is it possible for you to inquire on that?

SignosaurusRex

Fire Apparatus manufactures typically use their own well protected proprietary fonts.
This is one way for for them to ensure that repair and/or replacement graphics come from them (at an exorbitant price).
Try as one might, you won't find it for free nor be able to purchase.

Gabriel Aguilar

Fire Apparatus manufactures typically use their own well protected proprietary fonts.
This is one way for for them to ensure that repair and/or replacement graphics come from them (at an exorbitant price).
Try as one might, you won't find it for free nor be able to purchase.
Yeah, I ended up just vectorizing them, it was easier. Thanks though.