• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help Please

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Here is a Number I need help with, anyone know it?

It appears to be a number 12? Just joking, does the font look familiar?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG00157-20100902-2135.jpg
    IMG00157-20100902-2135.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Best guess is Akidenz Grotesk Condensed Extra Bold. There are lots of Helvetica style fonts that are also close.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Just curious, is it just expierence or do you have some sort of reconition software that detects fonts? This may sound like a dumb question, just curious?

Ill check it out, thanks.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Your guess looks right, cant find a helvetica font thats close, anyone have a suggestion, i found the chosen fonts, 499.00 ouch!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just curious, is it just expierence or do you have some sort of reconition software that detects fonts? This may sound like a dumb question, just curious?

Ill check it out, thanks.

A combination of two software applications, a huge library of fonts, developer of the first program to identify type and several years as a type dealer.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your guess looks right, cant find a helvetica font thats close, anyone have a suggestion, i found the chosen fonts, 499.00 ouch!

Yeah, the Berthold foundry is brutal with their pricing and packaging policies. There's a clone from a defunct company that published the Serials Type Collection named Olympia Extra Bold Condensed that you can buy and download HERE for 17.17 Euros and download.

There's about a 50-50 chance the shirt in question was lettered with the clone and not the Berthold original anyway ... or it could be something else entirely. Identifying from a photo is a questionable practice anyway.