• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help

mbarden

Hi Folks,
This looks like a member of the Helvetica family. I thought I had everyone available but the little leg on the bottom of the lower case L is throwing me. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike B

Attachments

• DSC00181.JPG
    DSC00181.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 116

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I ran a comparison earlier and did not get a match. The closest match is Frutiger 55 but it lacks the baseline leg of the "l" in your sample. Everything i found with the leg on the "l" is an obvious non-match on other letters. This is what Frutiger 55 looks like:

d8815ab86e239fa1464ccca2a348b3e1.png

In the Humanist series, Frutiger = Humanist 777.

mbarden

Thanks everyone,
I too can find matches in a series of letters but not all of them. The leg on the L is giving me a headache. I have a call into the companies headquarters to see fi they can provide font style and or artwork.
Thanks
Mike B

mbarden

Hey Checkers,
That looks like a match. Here's what I have to say about the price...........
OMG!!! I don't think the $700 that i'm charging for 15 RTA's will allow enough wiggle room for that type of expense at this time. Man how's a guy suposed to make a dime in this business sometimes.

Thanks Brian.

Mike B.

bigbly

try trebuchet ms
not exact, but knock that bit off the "i" and you're close
and a bit cheaper than $700

Checkers

Ya, a bit pricey, but if you think that's bad, take a look at this...
https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/st...=/Applications/FontFolio&promocode=SP46FFOLIO
and click on the full version tab.
Remember that big number I threw at ya earlier today? Now you understand why :)
Anyway, Trebuchet will get you close, and you may want to do a search for "highway fonts" there are a couple of freeware versions that may get you close enough without too much digitizing.
Also, I forgot about this font...
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/transport/d-medium/

mbarden

Thanks Everyone,
I just got some artwork from corporate and guess what?/ It's different than whats on the trucks right now. Man I wanted to bang these out this morning and it's turned into an all day affair.
Thanks for your help everyone.

Checkers, good talkin' to ya.

Thanks
Mike B