• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help!!

I have a huge job that was done a number of years ago for a client that uses the font myriad-roman which is a pfb font. Somehow the font is now missing from my signlab and thus I can't seem to open the file. I've done a search on the system for myriad-roman, no luck. Did a search on the net and found that the actual font name is wmr___.pfb. So I did a search for that on the computer and found nothing. Yet when I go into Illustrator I can use the font?!?! What gives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a big job for a client and I don't want to have to tell him we have to redo the job!

Thanks!

T

RebeckaR

I have the same problem with some open type fonts. They show up in Illy, but not in Flexi.
Do your layout it Illustrator, convert to curves and import into your sign program.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have Myriad in a number of variations in my Windows Fonts folder in Windows TTF format and OpenType. To the best of my knowledge, they were installed there when I installed Adobe Creative Suite CS2 because I did not install them there myself.

The .PFB file you mention is one of at least two files that are required to work in Windows. These are the Postscript Type 1 format. The second file will be either an .AFM file or a .PFM file. I would suggest that you do a search on your hard drive for *.pfm and see what you get.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
FWIW, I just checked how many Myriad variations show up in Illustrator and compared that to what shows up in CorelDRAW X3. It was a much greater number in Illustrator so it doesn't surprise me that Signlab or Flexi would also not see them.