• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font: Herman Italic

Jen Goodwin

I have a Gemini Font Chart hanging in my shop...a customer spotted Herman Italic (no, I was not here to dissuade him from it...) and he wants to use that. Can anyone tell me what the trade font version is, seems as though 'Herman Italic' is only a Gemini font. Even something close will work.
:help:

Here's a link that shows the font...
http://www.signprofessionals.com/fp/herman_italic.htm

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doesn't match or come close to anything in my FontExpert database, my font name database, the Typeface Namebase (which covers all the old predigital font names), or anything that Google can find other than Gemini listings and a Letterville discussion of the same issue ... which also came up empty.

cave_man_2.gif
Just take the customer out back and slap him around a little bit and tell him to pick something else.

Jen Goodwin

:Big Laugh I gotta take that poster down! It seems that everyone who has chosen a font from it has chosen something I don't have! Thanks for trying Fred!

Baz

I cant find it either. If you dont mind something close (i get a close feel looking at it) would be Seagull BT. I have it in my Corel font collection.

Attachments

• Seagull.jpg
    Seagull.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 199

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well gawllee JimDes ... I've been Googling too much. It's the very top listing in the Yahoo search and now that puppy is on my hard drive.

jimdes

I Yahoo, why don't you?

Google is an excellent search engine but it is a commercial search engine and often doesn't include sites or links that haven't paid to be listed. It definately doesn't go deep into a site. I think in most cases their crawler looks for the URL and the index.htm or index.html page only.

Yahoo on the other hand will grab everything that isn't blocked by a "robots.txt" file. It also pays to use advanced search options and learn to use advanced search options from the address line in your browser.

Yahoo also has a new feature (Beta) for searching Creative Commons Licenses . . . nice feature for anybody in a creative field. Check it out: http://search.yahoo.com/cc

Depending on what you are looking for, you may want to use a specific search engine. Currently there are over 20 common search engines written in English with about 6 of those holding 98% of the market share. Here's another page that breaks it down a little better than what I want to get into:searchengine showdown.

There are literally hundreds of specialty search engines specializing in everything from graphics searches to foreign languages and mathematic formulae. Generally most of us can stick with Yahoo, Google, MSN, AltaVista, Lycos, HotBot, Webcrawler or Jeeves.