• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID ....Gratuity work for my Electrician

datcat

About to do some T's for my son's boss. Rita wasn't easy on my service/breaker box. He came across with the repair material before the mad rush hit so I wasn't waiting on anything when the Fla. lineworkers got the main power re-strung. I've only had cable/internet for a little over a week now and still don't have phone service. Anyway...here's the font's off of his business card....

Attachments

• rdmartin.bmp
    35.7 KB · Views: 175

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The script is Dianna Script Bold Agency from Optifonts. It has apparently been stretched a bit and also emboldened.

It is also available under the clone name of Isolde from the Serials Designer Collection.

Sdc02582.gif

The other font is one or another of Helvetica, Swiss, Triumvirate etc. in a medium or bold weight.

datcat

Thanks Fred.....and glad to hear you came out alright from the storm. I was lucky but it was still costly with the deductables and tree work that was uncovered due to them not hitting anything on my property. I don't have any trees left (out of 5 huge ones) at home and I'm 3 shy at the vacation home.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We just got power back at home ... 12 days of listening to that generator.

Have you checked in with FEMA? There are evidently lots of claims one can make for lost income and various expenses as well as 0% interest loans if your business was affected. They will definitely pay for generators and fuel purchased for electrical outages.

signage

Good to hear you got your power back and that FEMA will pay for your gas. How much are they willing to pay for the gas? What it cost you or their normal amount like when you use your vehicle for work? Also is the power back on at your shop? Were you running your computers directly off the generators or did you have some kind of filtering device to make sure they saw the correct cycles?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Murphy is alive and well and living in Palm Beach County. We had power restored at the shop after four days and one hour after we bought a generator for the shop. We use UPS battery-filters on all or workstations so variations in the power was not a major concern.

The power being off at home for twelve days was a serious expense at gas prices these days. We made two trips to Vero Beach, ninety miles to the north to find stations that were offering unlimited gas. Each trip we fetched sixty gallons of gas plus filling the tank of the pickup.

My understanding is that FEMA will pay for the generator, and consider claims for the roughly $200 worth of worth of electrical cords we purchased, our fuel consumed and the lost five days of business. We heard on the news tonight that FEMA is spending just under $42 billion for Katrina victims which equals about $9000 for every man, woman and child in the area hit by that storm.

It's been quite a year for property loss to hurricanes. Katrina broke all records and Wilma is now ranked number 3 behind Hurricane Andrew.