• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Please Help

CSSigns

The customer really likes the font that was used in a flyer that he had done a few years back and can not locate the font. I scanned the image to upload here for any help I can get IDing this thing. What the font did not even come close. Any help is very much appreciated.

:signs101::U Rock:

Attachments

• Font.jpg
    Font.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 69

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No match here. Looks like something from the days of photo typesetting that might not have ever made it through to digital.

daveb

General Know-it-all
Fred hit it on the nose but didn't go back quite far enough. If you'll notice the "S" in cabinets is upside down, a photo typesetting machine couldn't do that. The only thing I know that could do that would be a "Ludlow" one of the old hot lead machines used to cast headline type in printing, goes way back to the sixties (and yes I'm old enough to have used one:covereyes:).

CSSigns

Thank you both for the replies. Ya the "S" is one of the first things i noticed as well as the ampersand. I may have to get them to reconsider their font choice.

Again Thank you

Circleville Signs

I'll say this - that's a nice looking font. One of our resident font creators just might be able to sell a few copies if they made a font based on these characters...