• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID

Can anybody ID this font. The font in questions is "Porki Mueller"
Help?

Attachments

• PDRM0106.JPG
    PDRM0106.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 108

TheSignDepot

Matching Font

I do believe it is this one:

"Bernard MT Condensed" this is a True type font.

If you can't find it PM me, if that is acceptable here.

:beer

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
TheSignDepot said:
I do believe it is this one:

"Bernard MT Condensed" this is a True type font.

If you can't find it PM me, if that is acceptable here.

:beer

If you read my post right above yours from 3 hours earlier, I identified the font and provided a link to where it can be purchased.

TheSignDepot

Yep I read it, did you read mine?

It was a different name and a true type, I was giving an alternative, he might be able to find it as a true type instead purchasing it.

sorry if it knocked bernard or you out of a sell. i didn't realize it was about making money, thought it was about helping people but thanks for bringing light to your personality.

First impressions are not always what they seem!

:beer :beer :beer

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
TheSignDepot said:
Yep I read it, did you read mine?

It was a different name and a true type, I was giving an alternative, he might be able to find it as a true type instead purchasing it.

sorry if it knocked bernard or you out of a sell. i didn't realize it was about making money, thought it was about helping people but thanks for bringing light to your personality.

First impressions are not always what they seem!

:beer :beer :beer
It was not at all about making money (which I do not) from these font ID and locate exercises and I did not mean for you to take it that way. My point was that the font had already been identified and located with a link supplied. Your post seemed to me to be redundant. I now understand that you did not see it as such.

TrueType is one of three common formats available for fonts and has little or nothing to do with whether or not one can find it for free. The name you supplied is for exactly the same font ... Bernard MT Condensed and Monotype Bernard Condensed. It is just following a different licensee's naming strategy.

The font itself was brought to market by Monotype who is the originator of all rights and licensing, hence the MT in the name, and Monotype (now part of Agfa) licenses many fonts including this one to other foundries such as Linotype, Adobe, Bitstream etc. Bitstream is the owner of MyFonts.com and typically has the best prices for commercial fonts which is why I provided a link to that vendor. MyFonts.com offers purchasers a choice of PostScript Type 1 or TrueType.

So let's hope this clarification clears up any incorrect "first impressions".