• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Issue

Artist369

Ok so my problem isn't that I'm looking for a font, it's that some of my installed fonts don't show up. I was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this. I have a handful of fonts, from different families, that are installed but don't show up. When i try to reinstall them it says that the font is already installed and would i like to replace it. They don't show up in any of my programs nor in the windows font folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

omgsideburns

Find the font in your Windows font folder and see if it's greyed out, which means it's "Hidden". If so, just right click on it to bring up the context menu and then click "Show". (at least in windows 7)

Artist369

Thats just it, when i look in the font folder it isnt there. I tried showing hidden files but nothing changed.

J Hill Designs

did you used to have a font management program that could temporarily install fonts? if so, you may have to run a 'font folder fix' program, usually found on microsoft site (powertools or something)

Artist369

No, I've only ever installed the fonts myself. The problem seems to occur when I'm installing a family of fonts and some of the weights won't show up. If you look at the attached image, this is the font I am currently having issues with. I have 6 different fonts from family installed yet only 4 show.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-05-06 10.52.11.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-05-06 10.52.11.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 80

myront

CorelDRAW is best
try placing the fonts on your desktop then right click one and go to properties and check the details tab. I've seen some fonts listed as TT0005M_.TTF but the actual font is Swiss 721 Bold BT.

Artist369

So turns out my issue is the fonts that aren't showing up are named the same as other fonts i already have installed. Ok so the main family of fonts i am having an issue with is Gotham. Gotham Medium doesn't show because in the file it is actually named Gotham Regular, so because i already have a Gotham Regular the Medium is hidden.