• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Management Software

DrCAS

I am looking for a font manager. I would like to hear what other users are using. I would like to know the pros and the cons of different programs.

As i expand things it is getting hard to keep everything separated and in a concise order and sorting method.

I have no problem paying for stuff as i figure it is just another investment into my craft. What I am saying is that free, freemium, or premium price levels don't matter much. I want features, ease of application, and something that does what I need it to do.

Thanks in advance for the help!

SignosaurusRex

I prefer "Font Expert". It does everything I want and more. It's simple to use, allows for temporary use/install of fonts, duplicate and problem font cleanup, user assigned "Font Groups", Individual font info/details, font/text disply options, etc. You can arrange your display to your liking. It's pretty damned nice and reasonably priced. Seems to play well with other all other programs and softwares. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb::thumb::wink:

DrCAS

I prefer "Font Expert". It does everything I want and more. It's simple to use, allows for temporary use/install of fonts, duplicate and problem font cleanup, user assigned "Font Groups", Individual font info/details, font/text disply options, etc. You can arrange your display to your liking. It's pretty damned nice and reasonably priced. Seems to play well with other all other programs and softwares. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb::thumb::wink:
I was just checking this out... Looks decent. You gave me what i was looking for... a real life recommendation with no smoke... Thanks!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I am looking for a font manager. I would like to hear what other users are using. I would like to know the pros and the cons of different programs.

As i expand things it is getting hard to keep everything separated and in a concise order and sorting method.

I have no problem paying for stuff as i figure it is just another investment into my craft. What I am saying is that free, freemium, or premium price levels don't matter much. I want features, ease of application, and something that does what I need it to do.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Font Expert looks OK if you are a 1-man band. I used FontAgent Pro for a number of years and it worked great. Very lightweight, easy to use. They abandoned the Windows platform for years, so there was no auto-activation support. So I reluctantly switched to Extensis Suitcase (I still think FontAgent was easier to use overall). They offered constantly updated Auto Activation plug-ins, as well as a "Team" version that syncs fonts across different users. That latter feature was huge for us. Every time someone wanted to add a font previously, it had to be manually added to the other computers as well. Now everyone has access to the same font libraries. Suitcase also pulls in Google Fonts and Adobe fonts (if you have an Adobe subscription).