• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Font Management

RiXaX

For years I've appreciated a simple font utility called The Font Thing. I could install or uninstall fonts while looking at a preview. I could open folders of fonts sorted by some characteristic like script or sans serif or bold. I could type in the words I wanted to see the font in. It was fast and simple for me. After moving to Windows 10, this program doesn't work and I'm wanting suggestions for a replacement. Thanks.

Last edited:

TimToad

I've been using Suitcase Fusion for many years and have been pretty happy. I'm about to upgrade my computer and update it, but its worked nicely and when I'm organized enough to bother, it offers lots of customizing and organizational tools.

jimbug72

I used to use NexusFont and really liked it, but I have moved to Suitcase Fusion because I've found no easy way to transfer my font sets, groups etc. when I upgraded computers using NexusFont.

Grafix

For years I've appreciated a simple font utility called The Font Thing. I could install or uninstall fonts while looking at a preview. I could open folders of fonts sorted by some characteristic like script or sans serif or bold. I could type in the words I wanted to see the font in. It was fast and simple for me. After moving to Windows 10, this program doesn't work and I'm wanting suggestions for a replacement. Thanks.
On the Nexus site it says:-

"* If you having problem on Windows 10 Anniversary Update, disable Windows Font Cache Service."
Might help you?

RiXaX

I have tried the NexusFont and found it not recognizing the post script fonts. I'm now looking at the suitcase fusion. Seems many years back there was a decent font management program with Corel. Is that still the case?

I have tried the NexusFont and found it not recognizing the post script fonts. I'm now looking at the suitcase fusion. Seems many years back there was a decent font management program with Corel. Is that still the case?

Yes. It's called Bitstream Font Navigator and it works well enough for my purposes.