• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Memory

geb

I opened an old job I did in signlab. Back then I didn't take notes, such as font used, etc. Is there a quick way to locate what font that I used within signlab, without having to manually search?

I know sometimes the font would appear in the font dialogue box "selected font", but there are other fonts I used recently there.

Like I said, I should have made a note of font used, but didn't, and if there is no option available presently, maybe future versions could have the ability to click on a font in a job, and the name of the font to appear or something similar.

George

Bill Preston

Been there, done that, George.

It may be such a thing that signlab shows the fonts used in the last job, and also the ones used on your old file. Before doing a manual search, or trying to find it on the wall chart, try clicking on each font showing in that selected fonts window, and see if one of them isn't the one you want.

If you are stuck and have to use the wall chart, then try to narrow it down by way of groups, i.e. is it serif, non-serif, script and so on. A magnifying glass on the chart helps too. Ask me how I know.

FWIW

bill preston

geb

Thanks Bill. I've checked all the selected fonts and no match. It's not a big deal having that big chart, but without it or a manuel it would be sore eyes looking at every font for a match.

Wonder if others that use signlab agree that a font memory feature would be a useful tool in future versions?

George

Hubert Furey

George,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem.

If you open a SignLab file and already have some text on-screen, then double-click the text to enter Text Editing mode and the font used on that text will be listed at the top of the screen.

Does this help?

geb

I'm not at home right now. I think I single clicked when I tried last night for font recognition from an old job. I thought I had done this in the past for fonts, but wasn't sure. As always, thanks for the assist. I'll try what you suggest when I get home.

George

geb

No luck with double clicking. I don't see a font name anywhere near the top. I see something that says polyarc top left.

George

Hubert Furey

Single-click the "unidentified object". The top-left of the SignLab screen will list what the object type is. If it says "polyarc, polygon or path", then it is no longer a font and you cannot change or easily determine the font used.

If it says "paragraph" in the top left then double-clicking this object will bring you into Text Mode where you can locate the font used.

If it says "group" then you will need to ungroup it to see what the object type is.

geb

Thanks Hubert, I understand what your saying. I used some other jobs, tried your method, and the font showed like you suggested in first post.

This job maybe??? was created in Corel, imported and saved as a .cdl, probably the reason for polyarc showing on the double click.

You make signlab look so easy, Hubert. Thanks for the help.

George