• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font recognition app

ironchef

Is there an app where one takes a picture, and the app would recognize the font? If not there should be something like that, I've seen a website before that will take a Jpg and do it, but it wasn't very accurate, i forgot also the website, anyone have any recent news on websites or an app.

Roto

Is there an app where one takes a picture, and the app would recognize the font? If not there should be something like that, I've seen a website before that will take a Jpg and do it, but it wasn't very accurate, i forgot also the website, anyone have any recent news on websites or an app.

http://www.whatfontis.com/

I have had success with this site.
Roto

ironchef

Whatthefont is sweet, i have android so the other app must be for iphone... whatthefont is on android platform at least, ill check out the website tomorrow. Thanks guys. Its funny how fonts are a big part of our lives, i cant go anywhere without my mind telling me what font is that, and which font is that, arghhh!!

SignosaurusRex

Find my Font is not an app. It's an inexpensive software program you will want to have on your system if you have a large library of fonts or have trouble remembering/recognizing fonts that you know you have or wish to search the net for a match. Both have their individual limitations and strengths.

GB2

Old Member
Find my Font ....................

Great software, very economical, great value. If you are in this business, you can't afford not to have it.

Lubbsta

What the Font is a wicked app for the iphone, finds the font within seconds and its free!! not sure about the android version but I would say it is the same.

Lubbs

ironchef

I tried it on a nuvelli box, Bluetooth headset... and it got me a bunch of identical fonts, i was like woah. Android version is nice. It also lets me crop the image, and leave only the word orders letters i want to recognize