• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fonts on Yahoo page

imaSIGNr

I am not a computer wiz, so I hate to ask, but every time I go changing ( adding or deleting ) fonts, my Yahoo page comes up with everything in a new font. Usually it picks something I can barely read.....
How can I change this to a font I want when I want to ?
Thanx for any help...

Fred, you tried to help me with this before. You said Veranda is the default font used. I made sure that font os there and now there is another font though. It seems to change randomly whenever I change something in my font nav.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The font family is Verdana and includes regular, bold, italic and bold italic. That's four different fonts.

But that is only four of a number more that are supplied with Windows and should not be deleted. Here is a list:

• Arial
  • Book Antiqua
  • Comic Sans
  • Courier (10, 12, 15 VGA Res)
  • Courier new
  • Fixed Sys
  • Georgia
  • Impact
  • Microsoft Sans Serif
  • MS Sans (VGA Res)
  • MS Serif (VGA Res)
  • Small Fonts (VGA Res)
  • Symbol
  • Symbol (VGA Res)
  • System
  • Tahoma
  • Times new Roman
  • Trebuchet MS

However, the way web pages work, fonts are usually set to be in a particular font that is expected to be on your machine but with other names as second and third choices.

imaSIGNr

tHANKS fRED, i'M TRYING TO MAKE SOME SENSE OF THIS. tHESE ARE ALL VERY COMMON, NORMAL, VERY LEDGIBLE FONTS YOU'VE GIVEN, BUT AGAIN i'VE BEEN IN MY FONTS NAV. GETTING RID OF FONTS AND WHEN i STOP AND GO BACK TO MY YAHOO PAGE IT'S SOMETHING ELSE AGAIN AND ALMOST ALWAYS SOMETHING i CAN BARELY READ. oNCE IT WAS cOCA cOLA. tRY THAT ONE SOMETIME. Now it's some urban scrawl looking thing....If not all, but most of these fonts you gave are in my fonts file.....ARgggg.