• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For sh!t5 & giggles....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Could also possibly have undocumented switches of adding another line to the firmware update tool ini file or launching the firmware update tool using a command line switch to "force" an update. Might be worth poking around in the tool with a text hex editor. Just throwing other thoughts out there on things I'v run into before with firmware on other things...

Smoke_Jaguar

Some printers use an SD card, but I think that might be for parameter storage. Definitely not a good idea to use on something with high read-write cycles. Probably just snags the info on boot and loads it into RAM. Could be fun to play with, but I have yet to decipher any of it.

Forty One

yeah.
Using the software you're unable to push firmware as it does a check to see if you're updating a compatiable version.
Computer says no.

Flashing the firmware direct to the chip avoids that.

Forty One

I've come to understand that there are different verions of the mainboard.
Not 100% on which ones they are except theres a light green one and a dark green one. I'll have to go back through my notes with my techie guy and see what was what.
good news is both my boards are the same. Except the firmware (I hope).

Forty One

Yeah..... So this happened.

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_043848476.jpg
    PXL_20231014_043848476.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59

Smoke_Jaguar

Oof, not a good way to pull NAND. Fine pitch stuff is hell to desolder, sometimes the best bet is tapping on hookup wires and using that for your read. Might be fixable, but going to be rough.