• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford truck fenders, part 2

letterman7

Hi all,
I posted this same topic a few years ago and fortunately hadn't had to deal with it since then. I just got a bid package in that, of course, includes some dozen trucks, mostly F250's, that will require a double or triple wide stripe of reflective down the entire length of the truck, going over those pain in the butt fenders. The old post mentioned knifeless tape and a wider piece of vinyl to help match the curve.. I'm wondering if in the past couple years if anyone has come up with a better solution? Attached is a photo of what I'm going to be dealing with. Obviously it can be done.. I've just never had a whole lotta luck making the line look straight across those fenders.

Ford fender.jpg

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't sweat it too much. No matter how you do it they will only look straight from one viewpoint and that should be straight on at eye level. I think it is more important that the different colored stripes stay a consistent distance apart. If you're good at striping a few marks down the side should suffice. If not you can buy the striping pre-spaced from some suppliers like Gregory http://store.gregory1.com/SubCategory.aspx?Stripe though you may have to call for a special quote.

graphics guru

try using Oracal 5650 RA...if switched to it and do alot of emergency vehicles. i think it is brighter than 3M and it has repositionable and air release...nice for reflective ...for those that know what i mean