• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found another article worth sharing.

binki

We looked at and made offers on 3 businesses before we decided to do our own. Each of the 3 had the same problems. Bad financial management, removing cash sales from the books and adding personal expenses to the books. We also found out one didn't pay his rent or complete customer jobs that he had collected for.

All three, while stating they were selling and exiting the business, we discovered still wanted to stay in the business, one wanted to remain in the company, the other two wanted the money to buy new equipment and start again.

All of our offers had a non-compete and all were rejected by the owner.

xxtoni

Buying a business that requires high knowledge and skills without the personnel is usually a bad idea.

It is an especially bad idea if you never owned a business.

I would usually encourage anyone with the willpower and passion to start a business, it can be a wonderful experience, all in all. But buying a business that you know nothing about is as bad as taking all your savings, picking a random stock on Wall Street and betting it all on that.