• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frame System for Semi Trailers Question

idsignsil

We are currently quoting doing frame systems with banners on the sides of 5 - 53' trailers. Some of the trailers have roll-up back doors and some have the hinged swing open doors. On the trailers with the swing doors...on the sides of the trailers there are hooks to hold the doors open. I can not cover these with the banner stretched on the frame system because the doors would not stay open when the driver is backing into the dock. I have been told to put the frame system around the hook and cut the banner around it. I was hoping that someone here might have come up with a different way of doing this, or have other ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Can the latch system be moved to the edge of the trailer?

We have moved them on freezer box trucks, and had the manufacturer send us short ball stands for the doors.... if it can be moved it might solve your issues.

Else you can always cut the hole out and reinforce it to prevent tearing.

idsignsil

Moving it would be the best solution. I will have to talk to the client and see if this is an option for them.