• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

From Corelx3 To Versaworks Rip Failure

Bobas Kalobas

Hello,
Recently and suddenly, my files will not rip. I export .eps from Corelx3 to Versaworks software and the window pops up "Versaworks application has stopped working, check online for a solution and close the program.etc"
I am using Win7 professional, plenty of Ram and an i7 processor.

Roto

Hello,
Recently and suddenly, my files will not rip. I export .eps from Corelx3 to Versaworks software and the window pops up "Versaworks application has stopped working, check online for a solution and close the program.etc"
I am using Win7 professional, plenty of Ram and an i7 processor.

Try using PDF to go to the RIP

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Some trouble shooting stuff: Make sure you have the latest updates of VersaWorks installed. Going the PDF route is worth a try. Normally anything I design in CorelDRAW and send to VersaWorks is usually going through Adobe Illustrator first to get the colors just right.

Bobas Kalobas

Try using PDF to go to the RIP
Thank you sir for your help But, will the .pdf still allow me to have a CUTLINE? I use .EPS because it is the only one that I can print/cutContour.
I am willing to buy new design software, but would hate to see the same problem still remain.

Bobas Kalobas

Some trouble shooting stuff: Make sure you have the latest updates of VersaWorks installed. Going the PDF route is worth a try. Normally anything I design in CorelDRAW and send to VersaWorks is usually going through Adobe Illustrator first to get the colors just right.
I do not have AI. but, I do have the lastest Versaworks installed.. I also have the technicians baffled on this problem. They cannot figure it out.

Vohaul

Thank you sir for your help But, will the .pdf still allow me to have a CUTLINE? I use .EPS because it is the only one that I can print/cutContour.
I am willing to buy new design software, but would hate to see the same problem still remain.

Yes it does.... 99 percent of my jobs are sent from Corel as pdfs..... using Roland colours and a cut line .... no issues, aside from that transparency thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You do know you can plot from Corel with a software plugin. We use FineCut Pro. All Cut lines and Registration Marks are set up from various workstations throughout the shop using Corel and macros. Our prints are done from a designated RIP workstation via Flexi Production Manager. We print eps,.tif and pdf