• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

frontage calculation question...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Your illustration is most likely wrong. Those windows below your smaller sign are probably part of the door to the main area jutting out to the left. I don't see a door on that smaller side. It used to be, you still take the overall dimensions and fit it in the area the best way possible. Some people make out and others don't. Also, anchor stores will have an exception clause for their areas. So the rules are all gonna be willie nillie, just like out on the pylons.
thats the place that sells the weed, you have to go in the back door man

Johnny Best

"...wall sign shall not exceed fifteen (15) percent of the exposed building face to which it is attached."
That answers the question right there which means pink area. sign will not be attached to bottom where windows are located. It will go on the upper wall which is the exposed building face.
Now I know why some of you charge by the hour because it takes two hours just to read and figure out two instruction lines.

At least one of the cities I work with would say it's the green box but extended left and right to cover that entire side of the plaza. And if the other tenants already used up the 15% allowed for the plaza then it sucks to be you.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Having spent a few years doing nothing but compiling sign ordinances from municipalities in pretty much every state in the Country, you need to get your answer from the municipality, in writing - not from an online forum. There are some municipalities out there with some pretty wild interpretations of what you would think would be pretty straightforward stipulations.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you stretch the anchor out to what you would assume would be the size of it and use the green, it looks overbearing. Like you would see in an old run down complex and the look that cleaner places try to avoid. I had it laid out but Corel crashed at the end while exporting it. Anyways, that is my 2 cents
Should have laid it out using your phone to avoid the crash and get the right orientation

1655952230876.png

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
In this era of political tribalism, you have to pick a side and stick with it. Everyone knows there is only one true orientation, all others are abominations.
Hasselblad led, instagram agreed, Samsung joined the fold

Scotchbrite

No comment
If it's a pain in the ass to get an answer/reply from the municipality in question, I would work under the assumption it's the pink area.

If you are trying to push the envelope as far as possible and use the green area, you definitely need to get an answer from the proper ruling authority. Hopefully you can just email the same picture with the pink and green and get an answer.

But this is why we don't start any kind of fabrication until we have permit approval. You just never know when something in the code is going to trip you up.

Johnny Best

Set up a rapport with the city code department. Be as nice as you can and don't cop an attitude and as Robert would tell you, "listen". When I go to code department I hear "how's it hanging Johnny?" Puts a smile on my face that I will get that permit.

Scotchbrite

No comment
It used to work that way here. Now the entire permitting process is done thru an online portal. No face to face time, let alone even a phone conversation.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's cause they don't really have anyone working there. It's just some kid in his parents basement going virtual working all them thar controls.

enes sonmez

we care the pink lines to make the signs but we have a %80 of the facade rule in Houston. In your case “exposed building face” means the whole building. they dnt say front facade.