• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frosted hair when printing

raider

Probably a profile issue but need fast input. Using matte banner profile on 13 oz banner. Kid in photo has black hair but looks frosted. Anyone experience this?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110105_101245.png
    ForumRunner_20110105_101245.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 107
The fringe around the hair looks fine, so I'm guessing it's not nozzle drop out. It is probably a profile issue - looks reversed. This usually happens when the media profile isn't sure how to handle building black. From personal experience, this is usually caused by a disconnect between the profile and the linearization - the profile thinks that it is building a combination black, but it does not have enough ink to pull from in the linearization. I've also seen it caused by changing the total ink limit after the profile is built.

For a quick check I'd try changing the media profile. First thing I'd try to fix the problem would be to relinearize the media profile.

Apologies if this isn't explained too well, brain's a bit scattered today!

raider

You were right on with the profile suggestion (thank goodness). Switched to an Oracal 3951 profile and "washed that gray right out of their hair".

You da man today!:rock-n-roll: