• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frosted Window Film

Artworks

Artworks
Is there any way to speed up the process of evaporating trapped moisture with Avery Frosted Sparkle window film after it is applied? I have noticed that when left alone the moisture will evaporate and look great. But I need to speed up the process...

Johnny Best

I use a Geek Wraps wet squeggee and it seems to get more of the application fluid from behind it than the felt squeggee that I use to use.
Also changed over to Arlon etch which to me is just as good or better and cheaper than Avery. Has clear plastic backing and not paper.

2B

we changed to HEXIS, they have a printable frosted vinyl that has air release channels so it goes on dry and the channels are virtually invisible once installed.

Artworks

Artworks
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, the media was supplied by the printer so it was their call on the media. I did recommend the MacTac for future installs similar to this one as it is also a dry apply method. I will definitely use a little less application fluid next time. It's weird I did eleven windows exactly the same method. Only two of the windows had this issue but it took several days for the spotted areas to evaporate and they look great now.

Johnny Best

The MacTac bubble free frosted material, MacTac will tell you it leaves squeegee marks where the air egress channels are. They say you won't see the marks if you are printing on it. I called them for a sample of it to be sent.
So, like me, if you are getting great results with using application fluid, stick (no pun intended) with that method.